Documents required for opening a new account
To open a new account, you would need to submit several documents as copies of proofs to us as per SEBI regulations. This is to ensure that we properly verify and identify the customer and protect customers from fraud and abuse.
What We Need
- Copy of your PAN card–this is required and absolutely necessary.
- Copy of an address proof–generally a driving license or ration card is the easiest. The following identification documents below are also acceptable:
- Passport/Voters Identity Card/Ration Card/Registered Lease or Sale Agreement of Residence/Driving License/Flat maintenance bill/Insurance Copy
- Utility bills like Telephone Bill (only land line), Electricity bill or Gas bill – Not more than 3 months old
- Bank Account Statement / Passbook – Cannot be older than 3 months
- Self-declaration by High Court and Supreme Court judges, giving the new address in respect of their own accounts
- Proof of address issued by any of the following
- Bank Managers of Scheduled Commercial Banks
- Scheduled Co-operative Bank
- Multinational foreign Banks
- Gazetted officer
- Notary public
- Elected representatives to the Legislative Assembly
- Documents issued by any Govt. or Statutory Authority
Please note that Identity card / document with address, issued by any of the following: Central / State Government and its Departments, Statutory / Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks, Public financial Institutions, Colleges affiliated to Universities and Professional Bodies such as ICAI, ICWAI, ICSI, Bar Council etc., to their Members.
For FII / sub account, Power of Attorney given by fII / sub-account to the Custodians (which are duly notarized and/ or apostiled or consularised) that gives the registered address should be taken. The proof of address in the name of the spouse may be accepted.
Was this article helpful?