What are the products and segments that are available to NRIs for trading?
Here are the products and segments that are available to NRIs for trading:
- Cash Segment: Primary and Secondary market.
- Derivatives’ Segment: Futures and Options.
- Bonds/Debentures: NRIs are allowed to buy the bonds issued by public sector undertakings because of their qualifications.
- Mutual Funds: NRI customers can invest in Mutual Funds as long as it is under the FATCA approvals (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act).
- Exchange Traded Funds: NRI customers can invest in Exchange Traded Funds along the same lines as they are allowed to invest in Equities.